Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Day 8


I try to catch a bit of breather today. I get out and about for a while to canvas but I get sucked into a lot of office work, organising canvasses, briefing canvassers, dealing with some of the hundreds of queries we've got on the doorsteps from voters. These must all be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

I had some time to go to the 'Norman Pratt Vintage Car Run' in Ballivor where I chatted with an old school pal, Frank Pratt. It was good to see him again and he wished me well in the campaign. Some of the vintage cars were magnificent. This run was followed closely by a parade of American Trucks that caused a tremendous amount of noise in the small village.

The pace of canvassing is increasing and we aim to have the towns of Trim and Navan done soon. Then we move out to the country areas.

No comments: