Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 1 - Campaign is launched




Despite all the speculation Bertie surprised everyone and went to the Park early this morning. The 29th Dáil is dissolved and the election is now on.

Despite all the preparations over the months, the 'butterflies in the stomach' syndrome still hits as I worry if we are really ready. The way I see it is that you can never prepare enough for an election, there'll always be something that gets forgotten. You just hope you've got enough done.

I am in Dublin to launch the new 'Postbank' - An Post and Fortis (a Belgian bank) have come together to provide banking services to the Irish people. This move represents, some feel, the future of the post office in Ireland.

Next: my favourite pasttime - watching Meath win, something I hope to be doing more off in the Summer months. Meath beat Roscommon comprehensively in the Division 2 final in Breffini Park. Hopeful sign that we might be coming back to our glory days of the eighties and nineties.

When I arrive home I met with key workers to finalise details of the campaign.

No comments: